The ideal candidate is passionate about data and loves finding innovative ways to improve team performance. The ideal candidate understands the difference between correlations and causation and can explain attribution models in their sleep.
The SEM Analyst will be responsible for all agency reporting needs and will facilitate the ongoing optimization of client marketing activities. Job duties include reporting on campaign performance, tracking delivery, creating insightful performance reports, and providing meaningful direction on how to optimize campaigns on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, excellent communication, and experience with statistics and data management. The SEM Analyst will partner with PPC, Paid Social, and SEO teams to increase team performance. Experience in eCommerce and performance marketing is a major plus.
- Monitor delivery and optimize campaigns based on clients success metrics
- Provide daily insights into performance opportunities
- Manage weekly and monthly reporting and KPI distribution to management.
- Own key analytics channels, such as Google Analytics, Kenshoo, Facebook Ads, Adwords, Bings Ads & more.
- Provide forensic analysis on campaign performance as requested
- Manage client reporting for over a dozen separate sites, across multiple marketing channels.
- Educate team members on critical trends and KPIs.
- Proactively identify opportunities for performance improvement.
- Work actively with Google Analytics, Kenshoo, Adwords Reporting, Facebook Reporting, Supermetrics, SEMrush on a daily basis.
- Build and report on Facebook Ads, Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Organic Channels, Email Channels, SMS, etc.
- Structure tests & monitor results
- Test ideation to identify growth or efficiency opportunities
- Analyze campaign performance, performance trends, spot outliers, communicate results
- Work with the entire team to improve our multi-touch attribution solution, optimize media mix, and improve the effectiveness of media spending.
- Educational background in math, economics, or computer science.
- Experience with Google Studio
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Sound knowledge of analytical and statistical methods
- SQL skills — joins, sub-selects, table creation & maintenance
- Excel analysis skills — Pivot Table design, chart design, lookup tables, dynamic data insertion, etc
- Experience in database query tools – R or Python
- Experience in A|B test design
- AdWords / Bing certification a plus
- FB Blueprint certification a plus.
- Data-driven decision-making mindset — Analysis for marketing campaigns and ROI optimization
- Marketing experience — former work supporting a marketing team, preferably eCommerce
- General knowledge of Search Engine Marketing
- Curious in nature and like to dig into data to identify insights
This position is full time. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.